- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, ends trimmed and coarse leaves discarded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 fully cooked Dungeness crabs (about 2 lbs. each), cleaned, legs cracked, and bodies quartered
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro sprigs
- 1 cup loosely packed Thai basil leaves or small regular basil leaves
- calories 351
- caloriesfromfat 35 %
- protein 35 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- carbohydrate 23 g
- fiber 2 g
- sodium 1060 mg
- cholesterol 163 mg
How to Make It
Chop lemongrass. Put in a food processor with ginger and garlic; whirl until minced. Scrape into a large bowl and stir in honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Add crabs and stir to coat well. Cover, then chill at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
Pour oil into a 14-in. wok or a wide 8- to 10-qt. pot over medium-high heat. With a slotted spoon, add crabs (reserve marinade). Cover and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes (omit this cooking time if using fully cooked crabs).
Uncover pan, add marinade, and cook, stirring often, until crabs are steaming and meat is opaque, about 5 minutes.
Stir in cilantro and basil, then transfer crabs and juices to a serving bowl.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.