Cracked Crab with Herbed Avocado Sauce
This super-simple sauce was inspired by the tarragon tang and beautiful color of green goddess dressing. It's rich yet has a sharp bite and highlights the briny sweetness of crab. Prep Time: 15 minutes (plus 30 minutes resting time).
More From Sunset
- Calories: 413
- Calories from fat: 76%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 6.8g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 482mg
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives (about 2 bunches)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 Dungeness crabs, cooked, cleaned, and cracked
- 1. Whirl avocados, olive oil, vinegar, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 cup water in a blender until smooth. Stir in chives and tarragon. Cover and let sit 30 minutes at room temperature to let flavors blend.
- 2. Season sauce with salt to taste and serve with crab.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note