I LOVE the pumpkin dessert recipes on @food_cravings101 instagram account! They are legit the best desserts I have seen in my life! Check them out!
Cracked Caramel-Pumpkin Pie
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Cook milk in a medium-size heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in pumpkin.
- Stir in 1 cup whipping cream and next 4 ingredients until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° on bottom oven rack for 40 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill 8 hours.
- Cook 3 tablespoons water, corn syrup, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 300° (hard-crack stage). Pour immediately over pie, and quickly spread mixture with a metal spatula. Let stand 2 hours before serving. Tap hard sugar topping with back of a spoon to crack.
- Beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Serve with pie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts