Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 15 white bread slices
- 1 pound claw crabmeat
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded provolone or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup minced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Cut bread slices into 3/4-inch squares. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Drain crabmeat, removing any bits of shell; set aside.
- Bring whipping cream and sherry to a boil; boil 5 minutes. Stir in Old Bay seasoning and next 5 ingredients. Gradually add cheese, stirring until blended. Set aside.
- Saute celery, green pepper, and green onions in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine bread cubes, crabmeat, cheese mixture, vegetables, and mayonnaise, tossing gently.
- Spoon into a 13-x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles