I hate to rate this so low but the "has potential" is why I gave it two stars. The sauce was great the crab filling in the ravioli was great too...I just thought that they weren't good together. The sauce overpowered the ravioli. I will probably make the sauce again and serve it with pasta. I will also make the ravioli again but serve it with a lighter sauce.
Crabmeat Ravioli with Clam Sauce
Cook the sauce up to two days ahead, and reheat gently over medium-low heat before serving. Prepare a double batch of the sauce while you're at it, and freeze half to toss with pasta for a quick dinner later. You can prepare the ravioli filling up to a day in advance; fill and cook the ravioli just before serving. For a lovely garnish, tuck a fresh oregano sprig into each serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 272
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 22.7g
- Carbohydrate: 35.7g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 10mg
- Sodium: 706mg
- Calcium: 171mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) can clams, drained
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 24 round wonton wrappers or gyoza skins
- To prepare sauce, heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add crushed and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Add the parsley, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and clams; simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- To prepare ravioli, combine crab, chopped red bell pepper, panko, chives, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Add ricotta; stir gently to combine. Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers with a damp towel to keep them from drying), spoon about 1 tablespoon crab mixture into center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with water. Fold in half, pinching edges together to seal and create a half-moon shape. Repeat procedure with remaining wonton wrappers and crab mixture.
- Fill a large Dutch oven with water; bring water to a boil. Add half of ravioli; cook 4 minutes or until done. Remove ravioli from pan with a slotted spoon; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining ravioli. Serve ravioli immediately with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note