- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk, divided
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- calories 332
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 5 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 36.8 g
- carbohydrate 33.4 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 114 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 685 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chopped peppers, celery, and onion; saute until tender. Remove from heat, and stir in chopped parsley.
Combine flour and 1/4 cup milk; stir until smooth. Combine flour mixture, remaining 3/4 cup milk, milk powder, and margarine in a large saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in sherry, salt, and hot sauce.
Add vegetable mixture to sauce; stir well. Add crabmeat, stirring lightly. Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly into 4 gratin dishes coated with cooking spray.
Remove crusts from bread; cut each slice into 4triangles. Lightly toast bread triangles.
Arrange gratin dishes on a baking sheet. Bake crabmeat mixture at 375° for 15 minutes; arrange toast around edges of dishes. Bake 15 additional minutes or until crabmeat mixture is golden. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.