I've been making this recipe almost yearly since it was first published. I love it ! And it's very easy to make.
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 (12-ounce) container fresh oysters, drained
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Bring rice mix, 2 1/3 cups water, and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms, and saute 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in crabmeat and oysters, and cook 4 minutes. Stir in rice, soup, and remaining ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note