- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon black soy sauce*
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 to 3 serrano chile peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 pound fresh claw crabmeat
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
How to Make It
Whisk together first 10 ingredients.
Drain and flake crabmeat, removing any bits of shell. Place in a large bowl. Pour egg mixture over crabmeat; toss gently. Add breadcrumbs; stir gently. Shape into 1 1/2-inch patties.
Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches in a large skillet, and heat to 375°.
Add crab cakes; fry about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
*Regular soy sauce may be substituted for black soy sauce.