Great flavor! Made it on 12 pieces of bread instead of 24 b/c I like more topping on each piece. Next time might try shrimp. (a cheaper meat to go in it.) The crab flavoring was a bit over powered by the other spices. Definarately a keeper!
Crab Toast with Carrot and Scallion
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 65
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 151mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- 24 (1/4-inch-thick) slices whole-wheat baguette
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed, divided
- 1/2 cup diced carrot or parsnip
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven, leaving bread slices on baking sheet.
- 3. Combine 1/4 cup crab, carrot, soy sauce, sesame oil, and peanut oil in a food processor; process for about 1 minute or until mixture is smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup crabmeat, green onions, ginger, and chile sauce.
- 4. Spread about 2 teaspoons crab mixture on each bread slice. Sprinkle evenly with toasted sesame seeds. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes or until tops are golden. Cool for a few minutes before serving warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crab Toast with Carrot and Scallion Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This