- 24 (1/4-inch-thick) slices whole-wheat baguette
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed, divided
- 1/2 cup diced carrot or parsnip
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- calories 65
- fat 2.3 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- monofat 0.8 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 3.1 g
- carbohydrate 7.9 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 151 mg
- calcium 24 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven, leaving bread slices on baking sheet.
Combine 1/4 cup crab, carrot, soy sauce, sesame oil, and peanut oil in a food processor; process for about 1 minute or until mixture is smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup crabmeat, green onions, ginger, and chile sauce.
Spread about 2 teaspoons crab mixture on each bread slice. Sprinkle evenly with toasted sesame seeds. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes or until tops are golden. Cool for a few minutes before serving warm or at room temperature.