Crab and Tangerine Salad
Just a few deftly chosen ingredients make for an elegant, complex-tasting salad. Serve it with warm rolls and glasses of cold, crisp white wine (our wine editor suggests Grenache Blanc).
More From Sunset
- Calories: 233
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 428mg
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- About 10 tangerines
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 heads (14 oz. total) frisée, ends trimmed and leaves torn into pieces
- 1 pound shelled cooked crab
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1. Zest 2 tangerines and juice about 4 (enough to make 1/4 cup). Peel remaining fruit and separate segments; set aside.
- 2. Mix shallots, tangerine zest and juice, vinegar, oil, and salt together in a small bowl. Let sit at least 15 minutes.
- 3. Put frisée in a large salad bowl. Top with tangerines and crab. Pour half the dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
- 4. Divide mixture among plates, arranging citrus segments and larger crab pieces on greens. Drizzle with a little more dressing and sprinkle with pepper.
- Make ahead: Dressing, up to 1 day, chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This