Piquillo peppers are fire-roasted, spicy-sweet peppers imported from Spain, and are available in specialty stores or online (see page 172). If unavailable, substitute a small roasted red bell pepper.
This recipe goes with Speckled Trout with Crab-stuffed Piquillos, Edamame, and Truffle Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 4 whole piquillo peppers, roasted and seeded
- Combine mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; gently stir in crabmeat. Fill peppers with crabmeat mixture, and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note