- 1/2 pound fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked (about 2 cups)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 large red or green peppers
- Fresh basil, sliced into thin strips
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Cover and chill.
Meanwhile, cut peppers into 1 1/2" strips. (For bite-size pieces, cut strips in half crosswise.) Spoon crab filling onto pepper strips, and top with basil strips.
Make-Ahead: Cut peppers into strips and store in heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bags. Prepare crabmeat mixture 8 hours ahead. For a twist, top baguette slices with the crab mixture.