"Absolutely Phenomenal" I was told. I substituted crumbled Ritz crackers for the breadcrumbs and used Old Bay for Seafood Seasoning. Probably overdid the Parmesan to 1/2 c. but it was exquisite flavor on the outcome. Once they came out of the oven browned and slightly crisp on top, I sprinkled again with Old Bay and served warm.
- 15 large mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-oz.) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 slice firm white bread, crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Chop mushroom stems. Butter a 13"x9" baking pan using one tablespoon butter. Place mushroom caps in prepared pan.
- Melt remaining butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped stems, onion, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine crabmeat, egg and bread crumbs in a large bowl, stirring well. Add mushroom mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese, stirring well. Spoon, filling evenly, into mushroom caps; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This