This is amazing. Worth the time and effort.
Crab-Stuffed Lobster with Citrus Vinaigrette
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 228
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 31.1g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 774mg
- Calcium: 128mg
- 1 cup finely chopped leek
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 5 quarts water
- 4 (1 1/2-pound) whole Maine lobsters
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare stuffing, cook leek in boiling water 2 minutes. Drain and plunge leek into ice water; drain. Pat dry with a paper towel. Place leek, bell pepper, corn, and crab in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Combine mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients (through egg white) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add mayonnaise mixture to crab mixture; toss gently to coat. Gently fold in parsley and tarragon; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare lobster, bring 5 quarts water to a boil in an 8-quart stockpot; plunge 2 lobsters headfirst, 1 at a time, into water. Return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Remove lobsters from pan using tongs; drain well. Repeat procedure with the remaining 2 lobsters. Cool lobsters slightly. Remove claws; place claws on a baking sheet. Cut the lobsters in half lengthwise; clean upper cavity of lobsters, leaving white meat intact.
- Arrange lobster halves, cut sides up, on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; spoon 1/2 cup stuffing into cleaned upper cavity of each lobster half. Top stuffing in each lobster half with 1 tablespoon cornflakes, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place baking sheet with claws on bottom rack in oven; place jelly-roll pan with stuffed lobster halves on upper rack in oven. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until lobster halves are done and stuffing is lightly browned. Remove the lobster halves from oven; cover and keep warm. Bake claws an additional 10 minutes or until done. Cool claws slightly; remove meat from cooked claws.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine orange juice and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Serve vinaigrette with lobster.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes