- 6 medium red, orange, and/or yellow bell peppers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 3/4 cup panko, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fennel bulb
- 9 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, for serving
How to Make It
Preheat grill to high heat (450° to 500°). Slice tops off of peppers, reserving tops; scoop out and discard seeds. Toss peppers with oil, salt, and pepper. Grill peppers and tops on all sides 2 to 3 minutes or until pepper bottoms are well-marked and softened, but still hold their shape.
Combine crab and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir gently. Divide crab mixture evenly among peppers. Grill stuffed peppers, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes. Arrange on a platter, and serve with lemon wedges.