NY Times: Adapted from the Bedford Tavern, Bedford, Pa.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 whole(s) medium red bliss potatoes-cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 3 1/2 cup(s) beef or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 whole(s) large tomatoes-peeled, seeded & cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 pound(s) claw crab meat
- In a large deep pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the potatoes and sprinkle with pepper, 2 Tbs Old Bay and a dash of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add 2 Tbs lemon juice, wine and tomatoes. Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender; 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add the crab and simmer just until heated through.
- Serve hot with Saltine crackers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by martcantor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note