- 8 to 10 baguette pieces (4 in. long) from 2 regular-size sourdough baguettes
- 1/2 pound shelled cooked crab, thoroughly drained and patted dry
- 1/2 pound cooked bay shrimp (also called salad shrimp), thoroughly drained and patted dry
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (sliced from 1 to 2 ears of corn)
- 1 medium red onion, diced (about 1 cup; see Notes)
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 214
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- protein 14 g
- fat 8.1 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- sodium 388 mg
- cholesterol 74 mg
How to Make It
Slice baguette pieces in half lengthwise. Scoop out about 3/4 of the bread from the top and bottom halves to create pockets; save scooped-out bread for another use, such as bread crumbs, if you like.
In a large bowl, toss together crab, shrimp, corn, onion, and bell pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together parsley, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Pour dressing over crab and shrimp mixture and stir to evenly coat filling.
Fill bottom halves of baguettes with salad, dividing evenly, and set top halves on salad.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.