Crab and Shellfish Fritters
Yield: 6 dozen
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh conch, finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Pinch ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 pound raw clams, minced
- 1/2 pound crabmeat
- Vegetable oil
- Spicy Juniper Mayonnaise
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add shrimp and conch. Boil 1 minute; drain and set aside.
- Combine flour through ground red pepper in a large bowl; make a well in center.
- Combine egg, milk, and hot sauce; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Add shrimp, conch, and onion through crabmeat, stirring until blended. Let mixture stand 10 minutes.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into hot oil; fry in batches 1 to 2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately with Spicy Juniper Mayonnaise.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers