- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh conch, finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Pinch ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 pound raw clams, minced
- 1/2 pound crabmeat
- Vegetable oil
- Spicy Juniper Mayonnaise
How to Make It
Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add shrimp and conch. Boil 1 minute; drain and set aside.
Combine flour through ground red pepper in a large bowl; make a well in center.
Combine egg, milk, and hot sauce; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Add shrimp, conch, and onion through crabmeat, stirring until blended. Let mixture stand 10 minutes.
Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into hot oil; fry in batches 1 to 2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately with Spicy Juniper Mayonnaise.