SUPERBLY OUTSTANDING. I cannot even tell you how many times I have made this recipe. I most definitely cannot tell you the amount of compliments! It can be pricey since I usually double the recipe and buy large sea scallops, but so worth it!!!! A definite keeper. You won't be dissapointed.
Crab and Scallop Seviche Cocktails
If bay scallops aren't available, cut sea scallops into quarters.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup seviche and 1 ounce chips)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 313
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 19.4g
- Carbohydrate: 36.1g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 719mg
- Calcium: 119mg
- 1/2 cup finely diced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1 1/2 cups Clamato juice
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped peeled avocado (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 6 cilantro sprigs (optional)
- 6 lime wedges (optional)
- 6 ounces baked tortilla chips
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Place the Clamato juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 12 minutes). Chill reduced juice.
- Add Clamato juice, tomato, jalapeño, and cilantro to scallop mixture. Fold in avocado and crabmeat. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges. Serve with chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes