Crab Salad Rolls with Ginger-Plum Sauce
Photo: Jean Allsopp
Keep work surface and ingredients dry, or the thin soybean mame nori wrapper will "melt."
Yield: Makes 10 servings
- Ginger-Plum Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced Maui or other sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon shichimi togarashi (Japanese spice mixture)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 sesame or plain mame nori sheets
- 1/2 cup cooked sushi rice
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- Prepare Ginger-Plum Sauce; set aside.
- Combine next 11 ingredients in a medium bowl. Place 1 mame nori sheet on a dry work surface with a short end toward you. Using moistened fingers, place about 2 teaspoons of the rice along the short edge farthest from you. Place a dry lettuce leaf on the bottom third of wrapper. Spread 1/3 cup crabmeat mixture on top of lettuce. Top with 4 slices each of avocado and mango. Place another dry lettuce leaf atop avocado and mango. Starting with short edge closest to you, fold wrapper over filling. Roll toward top edge of wrapper (toward the rice), pressing firmly. (The rice will keep the roll closed.) Lay roll seam-side down, and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each roll into 4 pieces, and place on a serving platter. Serve with Ginger-Plum Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note