Crab Salad on Cucumber Rounds
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 36
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Protein: 4.4g
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.1g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 84mg
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- 1 or 2 stalks fresh lemon grass (each 10 to 12 in. long) or 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel (yellow part only)
- 12 fresh or thawed frozen kaffir lime leaf sections (each 1 1/2 to 2 in. long) or 1 tablespoon grated lime peel (green part only)
- 1/3 pound shelled cooked crab
- 1/4 cup thinly slivered shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai roasted-chili paste (purchased or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce or salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- About 8 ounces English cucumber
- 1. Rinse lemon grass. Cut off and discard tough tops and root ends; peel off and discard tough outer green layers of stalks down to tender white parts. Finely chop enough to make 1/4 cup.
- 2. Rinse kaffir lime leaves. Stack three or four leaves at a time and cut crosswise into very fine shreds.
- 3. In a bowl, mix lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, crab, shallots, carrot, cilantro, mint, and green onion. In a small bowl, mix lime juice, chili paste, fish sauce (but not salt, if using), and sugar.
- 4. Just before serving, stir lime-juice mixture into crab mixture. If not using fish sauce, add salt to taste. Rinse cucumber and cut crosswise into about 24 rounds about 1/4 inch thick. Top each slice with a scant tablespoon crab mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crab Salad on Cucumber Rounds Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This