- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 ounces shelled cooked crab
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives or thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 2 firm-ripe avocados (3/4 lb. each)
- 4 canned anchovy fillets, drained (optional)
- Lemon wedges
- Whole fresh chives
- calories 280
- caloriesfromfat 74 %
- protein 12 g
- fat 23 g
- satfat 5 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- sodium 141 mg
- cholesterol 49 mg
How to Make It
In a bowl, mix sour cream, lemon peel, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Gently stir in crab, chopped chives, and bell pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cut avocados in half lengthwise; remove pits. Brush all cut surfaces of the avocados with remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
Set each avocado half, cut side up, on a salad plate; if necessary, cut a strip off the bottom of each, through peel, to balance. Mound crab salad equally in cavities. Garnish with anchovy fillets, lemon wedges, and whole chives. Add more salt and pepper to taste.