This recipe is very good and reminds me of crab rolls that I had in Maine. The previous reviewer of this recipe gave it a low rating because of misunderstanding the term "fresh crab" as being raw crab. Cooked crab is sold as "fresh crab". I sometimes toast the rolls under the broiler and put a bit of butter on them. This is excellent served with coleslaw.
- 2 pounds fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 soft, unsliced buns*
- Combine crabmeat through pepper in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Split buns on top; fill with crabmeat mixture. Serve immediately.
- *Hot dog buns may be substitted for unsliced buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crab Rolls Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, No-Cook, Quick/Easy, 5 Ingredients or Less
- CUISINE: American, California, New American, New England, Pacific Northwest
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Rice/Grains, Shellfish
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Coastal Living
More Recipes Like This