I substituted a premade pie crust instead of the dough, only used 6 oz crab since that is what my can was, and 10 oz thawed frozen spinach. I put the spinach in when I sauted the onions to eliminate the cooking spray and get rid of the extra moisture. With these changes I calculated 1/6 of the pie as 302 calories. I will be making again!
Crab Quiche Florentine
HOWARD L. PUCKETT
Tip: Place the pie plate on a baking sheet in case the filling bubbles over.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 248
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Carbohydrate: 23.2g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 556mg
- Calcium: 354mg
- 1 (7-ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Gruyère cheese
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- Unroll dough, separating into strips. Working on a flat surface, coil one strip of dough around itself in a spiral pattern. Add second strip of dough to the end of the first strip, pinching ends together to seal; continue coiling dough. Repeat procedure with remaining dough strips. Cover dough with a towel; let rest 20 minutes. Roll dough into a 13-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under; flute. Sprinkle cheese over bottom of crust. Top with crabmeat; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes. Add spinach and next 4 ingredients (spinach through pepper); cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Arrange spinach mixture over crabmeat.
- Combine milk and egg substitute; stir well with a whisk. Pour over spinach mixture. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean; let stand 10 minutes. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crab Quiche Florentine Recipe at a Glance