I made this recipe for my family 11 years ago for Christmas. The BEST crab I've ever had (and I've had a lot). My family has asked me to make it over and over and I could never find the magazine issue again. I did a search today and can't believe I found it. I'll have a happy family this Christmas. Thank you!! It's so simple to make and oh so yummy. I'll serve it with white wine and plenty of sour dough bread.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 145
- Calories from fat: 9.7%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 725mg
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- 1 can (14 oz.) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cooked Dungeness crabs (about 3 lb. total), cleaned and cracked
- 1. In a 6- to 8-quart covered pan over high heat, bring chicken broth, vermouth, butter, parsley, soy sauce, lemon juice, and garlic to a boil.
- 2. Add crab pieces. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, just until crab is hot, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Spoon crab pieces into wide bowls; ladle broth over crab.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews