Crab and Oyster Bisque
This rich seafood soup earned our Test Kitchens highest rating.
Yield: 10 cups
More From Oxmoor House
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1 (12-ounce) container fresh oysters, drained
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add garlic and shallot, and sauté until tender. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add clam juice and wine; cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and next 3 ingredients. Cook until thoroughly heated, about 10 minutes. Stir in oysters and crabmeat; cook just until edges of oysters curl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note