- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 pounds lump or flake crab meat, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- Curried Rice
How to Make It
Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour, mixing well. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Remove sauce from heat. Stir in salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and sherry.
Pour sauce into a large mixing bowl. Stir in crab meat, celery, green pepper, pimiento, and 1 cup cheese; mix well. Lightly grease a 3-quart casserole; pour crab meat mixture into dish. Top with remaining cheese; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Remove casserole from oven; serve immediately over Curried Rice.