Crab Meat-Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 24 large mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup fresh crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup seasoned, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Clean mushrooms with damp paper towels. Remove mushroom stems; chop and set aside 1 cup stems. Dip mushroom caps in melted butter; place caps, top side down, in a shallow roasting pan.
- Sauté reserved mushroom stems and crab meat in 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet until tender. Stir in breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon crab meat mixture into mushroom caps, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note