Crab Meat Mold
- 1 1/2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1 1/4 cups chopped celery
- 2 (3-ounce) jars pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce
- Cooked shrimp
- Additional sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in lemon juice. Set aside to cool.
- Combine crab meat, celery, olives, and pimiento in a large bowl; set aside.
- Add mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to dissolved gelatin mixture. Stir well, and fold into crab meat mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 5-cup mold. Refrigerate until firm. Invert onto a lettuce-lined platter. Garnish with shrimp, additional olive slices, and parsley. Serve with crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers