Crab Meat Mold
- 1 1/2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1 1/4 cups chopped celery
- 2 (3-ounce) jars pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce
- Cooked shrimp
- Additional sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in lemon juice. Set aside to cool.
- Combine crab meat, celery, olives, and pimiento in a large bowl; set aside.
- Add mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to dissolved gelatin mixture. Stir well, and fold into crab meat mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 5-cup mold. Refrigerate until firm. Invert onto a lettuce-lined platter. Garnish with shrimp, additional olive slices, and parsley. Serve with crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine