- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound asparagus
- 2 romaine hearts, cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced or cut into spears
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges (optional)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 1 pound crabmeat, preferably Dungeness
How to Make It
In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the ketchup, relish, lemon juice, garlic, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus until just tender, 3 minutes. Drain and cool.
Arrange the romaine, cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, eggs and asparagus on a platter. Top with large chunks of the crabmeat and serve, passing the dressing at the table.