Yield: Makes 40 fritters
- 1/2 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Creole Sauce
- Drain and flake crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.
- Stir together biscuit mix and next 5 ingredients; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine milk and next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Add crabmeat.
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches in a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into hot oil, and fry, a few at a time, 30 seconds or until golden brown, turning once. Serve immediately with Creole Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers