- 1 (11-oz.) French bread baguette
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: green onion curls
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 40 slices). Place on a baking sheet. Brush tops with butter. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. (Bread may be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days.)
Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell. Gently toss crab with sherry, parsley, hot sauce, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a bowl; cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
Meanwhile, stir together sour cream, next 5 ingredients, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt until blended; cover and chill 1 hour to 3 days.
Spoon rounded 1/2 tsp. sour cream mixture onto each bread slice; top each bread slice evenly with crab mixture. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.