I made this for our anniversary dinner and it was a hit. My husband loved the entire meal but kept talking about the appetizer, especially the parmesan crisps. Said we need to throw a dinner party, didn't know I could cook this great!
Crab Cocktail with Parmesan Chips
Once cooled, rounds of melted Parmesan cheese crisp like potato chips. You can prepare the crab mixture and salsa a couple of hours before serving; refrigerate until you're ready to assemble the cocktails.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 128
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 14.6g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 501mg
- Calcium: 159mg
- Crab mixture:
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled mango
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- To prepare crab mixture, combine first 13 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add crabmeat; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- To prepare salsa, combine pineapple, mango, bell pepper, and chives; cover and chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare chips, spread 1 tablespoon cheese into a 3-inch circle on a baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon cheese, leaving at least 2 inches between circles. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Remove pan from oven; carefully lift chips from pan with a spatula, and place on a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Spoon 1/2 cup crab mixture into each of 2 martini glasses or small bowls; top each serving with 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 chip. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note