Didn't make the vegetables but the crab cakes and sauce were amazing. I used canned crab meat as per a previous post and was not disappointed. The recipe only yielded 6 cakes for me instead of the 8 stated. Definitely a keeper of a recipe.
Crab Cakes with Roasted Vegetables and Tangy Butter Sauce
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Panko gives these crab cakes an irresistibly crisp coating. Chilling the crab cake mixture helps them hold their shape as they cook.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 crab cakes, about 1 cup vegetables, and about 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 443
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 16.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 32.8g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 969mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- Crab cakes:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 21 baby carrots (about 12 ounces)
- 5 small red potatoes, quartered (about 8 ounces)
- 4 medium shallots, halved lengthwise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces haricots verts, trimmed
- 2/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1. To prepare crab cakes, combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Gently fold in crabmeat. Gently stir in 3/4 cup panko. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 2. Divide crab mixture into 8 equal portions (about 1/2 cup each); shape each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Place remaining 3/4 cup panko in a shallow dish. Working with 1 patty at a time, dredge in panko. Repeat procedure with the remaining patties and panko.
- 3. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat both sides of crab cakes with cooking spray. Add 4 crab cakes to pan; cook 7 minutes. Carefully turn cakes over; cook 7 minutes or until golden. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, cooking spray, and remaining 4 crab cakes.
- 4. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 5. To prepare vegetables, leave root and 1-inch stem on carrots; scrub with a brush. Combine carrots, potatoes, and shallots in a small roasting pan. Coat vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes, turning once. Coat haricots verts with cooking spray. Add haricots verts to vegetable mixture; toss. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 6. To prepare sauce, combine broth, shallots, and vinegar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 4 minutes); remove from heat. Stir in butter. Serve with crab cakes and vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes