I've made this several times. Everyone always says they are the best they have ever had. The crab cakes taste like crab, not bready, with a great flavor profile. Make the Maui Sauce ahead of time, ... it will take a while before the sauce cools enough to whisk in the mayo ...
Crab Cakes with Maui Sauce
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 6 cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- Maui Sauce
- Garnish: shredded fresh spinach leaves
- Stir together first 12 ingredients, and shape into 12 patties.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add crab cakes, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- Add spinach to skillet, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Spoon Maui Sauce onto 4 individual plates, and top evenly with crab cakes. Spoon spinach mixture around crab cakes. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This