- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 6 cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- Maui Sauce
- Garnish: shredded fresh spinach leaves
How to Make It
Stir together first 12 ingredients, and shape into 12 patties.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add crab cakes, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
Add spinach to skillet, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
Spoon Maui Sauce onto 4 individual plates, and top evenly with crab cakes. Spoon spinach mixture around crab cakes. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.