Crab Cakes With Lemon Rémoulade
More From Southern Living
Chill Time: 1 Hour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs (finely crushed)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained and picked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Lemon Rémoulade
- Garnishes: mixed baby greens, lemon wedges, parsley sprigs
- 1. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and onion, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in cracker crumbs and next 6 ingredients. Gently stir in crabmeat. Shape mixture into 8 patties; cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- 2. Melt 1/2 Tbsp. butter with 1/2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 4 crab cakes 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining 1/2 Tbsp. butter, 1/2 Tbsp. oil, and crab cakes. Serve with Lemon Rémoulade; garnish, if desired.
- Tip: Handle the crabmeat as little as possible in order to keep the succulent lumps intact.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes