- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs (finely crushed)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained and picked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Lemon Rémoulade
- Garnishes: mixed baby greens, lemon wedges, parsley sprigs
How to Make It
Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and onion, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in cracker crumbs and next 6 ingredients. Gently stir in crabmeat. Shape mixture into 8 patties; cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
Melt 1/2 Tbsp. butter with 1/2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 4 crab cakes 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining 1/2 Tbsp. butter, 1/2 Tbsp. oil, and crab cakes. Serve with Lemon Rémoulade; garnish, if desired.
Tip: Handle the crabmeat as little as possible in order to keep the succulent lumps intact.