Crab Cakes with Creamy Shrimp Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) celery chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 pound(s) crab meat
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 2 cup(s) ritz crackers crushed
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 3 cup(s) Panko (japanese breadcrumbs)
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 4 green onions sliced
- Creamy Shrimp Sauce see recipe
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic and saute until soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in crabmeat, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Mix in crackers.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites in medium bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold into crab mixturescant 1/3 cupful for each, form mixture into 10 crab cakes. Place on baking sheet; freeze just until frm, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk 2 eggs in shallow bowl to blend. Place panko in shallow dish. Dip each crab cake into egg, then into panko, turning to coat. Add enough oil to heavy large skillet to reach depth of 3/4 inch. Heat oil to 350 degrees. Working in batches, fry crab cakes until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer crab cake to each of 10 plates. Sprinkle with green onion slices and serve, passing Creamy Shrimp Sauce separately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ccacciola and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes