Crab Cakes with Chive Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 96
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 12.8g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 351mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- Crab Cakes:
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 6 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- To prepare crab cakes, combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring gently just until mixture is combined and will hold a shape. Divide mixture into 30 equal portions (about 2 tablespoons each), shaping each into a 2-inch patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 8 patties; cook 2 minutes. Carefully turn patties over. Cook an additional 2 minutes or until golden. Place patties on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Repeat procedure with cooking spray and remaining patties. Cover patties with plastic wrap, and freeze until firm. Place in zip-top plastic bags; freeze up to 3 months.
- Thaw cakes overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray; place patties on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- To prepare sauce, combine chives and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with crab cakes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers