- Crab Cakes:
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 6 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- calories 96
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 3.1 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- monofat 0.2 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 12.8 g
- carbohydrate 3.8 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- cholesterol 61 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 351 mg
- calcium 74 mg
How to Make It
To prepare crab cakes, combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring gently just until mixture is combined and will hold a shape. Divide mixture into 30 equal portions (about 2 tablespoons each), shaping each into a 2-inch patty.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 8 patties; cook 2 minutes. Carefully turn patties over. Cook an additional 2 minutes or until golden. Place patties on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Repeat procedure with cooking spray and remaining patties. Cover patties with plastic wrap, and freeze until firm. Place in zip-top plastic bags; freeze up to 3 months.
Thaw cakes overnight in refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 400º.
Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray; place patties on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
To prepare sauce, combine chives and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with crab cakes.