Excellent crab cakes and remoulade! This definitely beats my old 'go to' crab cake recipe. The cakes have a very nice light consistency and the remoulade has just the right amount of spice.
Crab Cakes with Spicy Rémoulade
Bring restaurant-worthy crab cakes to the table in just 40 minutes tonight! We love the spice in our homemade rémoulade, but if you prefer a milder sauce, omit the red pepper.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11.7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 555mg
- Calcium: 133mg
- Crab cakes:
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Mixed Greens Salad
- 1. To prepare crab cakes, drain crabmeat on several layers of paper towels. Combine crabmeat, bell pepper, and the next 4 ingredients (through egg), tossing gently. Stir in 1/4 cup panko. Place remaining 3/4 cup panko in a shallow dish.
- 2. Divide crab mixture into 8 equal portions. Shape 4 portions into 3/4-inch-thick patties; dredge in panko. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add dredged patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with the remaining crab mixture, panko, and oil.
- 3. To prepare rémoulade, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise and remaining ingredients; serve with crab cakes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note