This lightened crab cake recipe features fresh lump crabmeat, low-fat mayonnaise, and egg whites and each crab cake has only 140 calories and 4,3 grams of fat per serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 140
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 382mg
- Calcium: 94mg
- 3 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place bread in food processor; process until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/2 cups. Combine breadcrumbs and next 6 ingredients (through crabmeat). Divide crab mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1-inch-thick patty.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 patties; cook 1 minute on each side. Remove from pan; place on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining 3 patties. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and golden.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note