Singeli, you can probably use club soda or sparkling water for the effervescence that the beer provides.
Crab Cake Hush Puppies
Serve these Crab Cake Hush Puppies with your favorite rémoulade or cocktail sauce for tasty appetizers.
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fresh lump crabmeat, picked
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup beer
- Vegetable oil
- Stir together cornmeal mix, flour, green onions, bell pepper, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in crabmeat, egg, and beer until just moistened. Let stand 10 minutes. Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 360°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, and fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve with your favorite rémoulade or cocktail sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note