- 1/2 cup peeled and finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart hot Fish Stock
- 1 quart hot half-and-half
- 1 pound lump or flake crab meat, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Rhine wine
- Additional cucumber slices (optional)
- Hot French bread (optional)
- Sauté cucumber and onion in butter in a large Dutch oven until tender. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add fish stock; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in half-and-half, crab meat, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat; cover and chill thoroughly.
- Stir in wine just before serving. Serve chilled in individual soup bowls. Garnish with cucumber slices, and serve with French bread, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This