This sandwich is amazing. It really highlights the basic ingredients and lets them shine. I did mix the mayo with crab, it helped it stick. Made it over and over again.
Crab and Avocado Grilled Cheese on Sourdough
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 757
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 46g
- Fat: 47g
- Saturated fat: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 973mg
- Cholesterol: 195mg
- 4 slices sourdough French bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- 1/2 pound shelled cooked crab or canned lump crab
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced thin
- 2 very thin slices red onion, rinsed, dried, and separated into rings
- 4 ounces Swiss, gruyère, fontina, or jack cheese, sliced thin
- 1. Spread bread slices with mayonnaise and sprinkle with white pepper. Layer 2 slices with crab, avocado, onion, and cheese. Set remaining bread slices on top and spread each with 1 tsp. butter.
- 2. Melt remaining 2 tsp. butter in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Put sandwiches in pan, unbuttered side down, and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 6 minutes total.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note