- 4 slices sourdough French bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- 1/2 pound shelled cooked crab or canned lump crab
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced thin
- 2 very thin slices red onion, rinsed, dried, and separated into rings
- 4 ounces Swiss, gruyère, fontina, or jack cheese, sliced thin
- calories 757
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- protein 46 g
- fat 47 g
- satfat 19 g
- carbohydrate 38 g
- fiber 3 g
- sodium 973 mg
- cholesterol 195 mg
How to Make It
Spread bread slices with mayonnaise and sprinkle with white pepper. Layer 2 slices with crab, avocado, onion, and cheese. Set remaining bread slices on top and spread each with 1 tsp. butter.
Melt remaining 2 tsp. butter in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Put sandwiches in pan, unbuttered side down, and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 6 minutes total.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.