This I originally made with cans of crabmeat. I think this would be delicious with fresh crabmeat. This is a rich casserole that can be an entree or a dip for a party. NOTE The last time I made this was probably 1982.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 3/8 cup(s) onion chopped
- 3/8 cup(s) green pepper chopped, diced
- 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/16 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 dash(es) cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 2 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 18 ounce(s) crab meat flaked
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) buttered bread crumbs
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add onions and peppers, cook slowly until tender. Remove onions and peppers. Blend flour, salt, pepper, cayenne and mustard together. Stir into butter, add milk stirring constantly. Cook until sauce is smooth and thickened. Take off heat, fold in lemon juice, worchestershire, crab meat, 2/3 of cheese, sauteed veges. Place in a 2 quart casserole dish. Spread crumbs and remaining cheese around edge of dish. Heat at 325 for 15-20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by alemmom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note